BREAKING THE BONDS OF A REBOUND


You are not in love with me!...,
You are in love with the things I do for you.

The fact that I'm always available for you
The long calls, late night walks and sacrifices have gotten into your head,
My intelligence and constant support are definitely a plus.

I know when to stop talking, and
when to let you cry and when to tell you to toughen up and be a man.

Often times, I know what's on your mind and even complete your sentences
You love the fact that I know you better than your childhood friends.

We laugh and have lots of fun together and always agree to disagree
But guess what? 
I didn't do all those things as a sign of my undying love for you.....
It's because I can't help but be good to those I care about.
Remember the t-shirt I got you with our silly faces on it...that was just to draw you out of depression
I know you're still hurting because Koko left you.

You still cry and mourn her absence in my absence, and ...
I also know you both had something really good going on till she left for no valid reason.

Truth be told, you won't forget Koko even if I work signs and wonders!
And I don't want to be a rebound
I can't let you try to use me to forget her
Besides, you literally worship memories of her.

And you haven't had time to heal properly
Just a week after she left, fate brought me to you.
I intended to give hope to a man who was wearing the shoes I had once worn
And right now, I know the thoughts parading the streets of your confused mind
I'm sorry for leading you on please....
I was so blinded by the need to make you smile that I forgot to set up barriers
Henceforth, I'll keep a healthy distance.

It'll be hard for me too, but it's better than being compared to the ghost of Koko's memories.

You should take time to heal, you know..
To cry out, to groan, to learn to be at peace with yourself.
Get comfortable in the absence of an active female in your life
Love yourself enough to be whole before your next official relationship.
And if you ever need me, I'll always be in the shadows to help you.
                                        Peace
                                               Me.


Written by: Christiana Ifeoma

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CONFESSIONS OF A HEART IN LOVE

GROWING THROUGH DESIRES